Frederator Studios, a Genius Manufacturers firm, and Wheelhouse DNA are teaming with comedy influencer Adam Waheed on the event and manufacturing of a brand new grownup animated collection.
That is the primary time that Wheelhouse and Frederator are teaming up and would be the first time writing and starring in a collection for Waheed.
- The yet-unnamed collection will happen in an historic Egypt the place all of the gods are actual, the afterlife exists, and the nice monuments have been constructed by aliens. The present will function a clumsy ruler, performed by Waheed, who’s unwittingly placed on the throne.
- In April, Waheed was named as one among Rolling Stone’s 20 most influential creators and was one among Forbes’ high creators in 2022. He has greater than 19 million followers on Tiktok and his movies have been considered greater than 11.5 billion occasions final yr.
- Waheed has partnered with producer and growth govt Spencer Strasmore (Ballers, Shooter) to launch a slate of authentic content material for digital, television, and movie. The 2 co-created the brand new animated collection.
- Frederator’s dad or mum firm Wow! Limitless Media was acquired by Beverly Hills-based Genius Manufacturers Worldwide in October 2021. Genius just lately consolidated its subsidiaries Frederator Community, Kartoon Channel!, and Ameba into one entity referred to as Genius Networks which might be accessible on SVOD, AVOD, and free ad-supported streaming television channels..
- Wheelhouse focuses on working with content material creators working within the digital video area. Excessive-profile collaborators embody Brooklyn Beckham, Killer Mike, Ryan Phillippe, and Jack Wright.
- Stated Waheed: “I wish to push the boundaries with my content material and animation is the right match as there isn’t a restrict to how huge I can go.”
- Frederator director of growth Isabel Schultz stated in a launch: “Wheelhouse DNA has confirmed to be one of the crucial progressive and profitable studios with distinctive style in content material. We’re grateful and excited to accomplice with them to convey our wonderful creator Adam W’s voice to life on this hilarious grownup animation collection.”
- Wheelhouse DNA managing director Fanny Baudry added: “This venture delves into the mysteries of one of many world’s most fascinating cultures and brings it to life in a contemporary manner that’s each enlightening and entertaining. We’re excited to mix our manufacturing experience with Adam W’s inventive imaginative and prescient and Frederator’s premium animation capabilities to take viewers again in time to discover the fascinating world of historic Egypt.”
Cartoon Brew’s View: Influencers crossing over into conventional manufacturing is nothing new, but it surely’s actually important that Waheed’s first huge push into the world is coming in animation. Teaming with two confirmed corporations like Wheelhouse and Frederator is an effective solution to begin, however the present will must be one thing particular to interrupt by way of the current inflow of same-y grownup animated collection.