For the third consecutive yr, Ibermedia Programme, a company devoted to boosting innovation within the Ibero-American animation sector, introduced its Subsequent Lab Technology workshop to the Annecy Pageant and market. Over the past three editions, it has offered nearly 50 animation initiatives with recommendation on how greatest to introduce new applied sciences, similar to VR and online game engines, into their prototyping section.
This yr’s winners, having pitched their initiatives for a MIFA viewers, embrace:
- Latente by Carlos Zaragoza and Aurora Jiménez
- The Final Spitfire by Renato Roldán
- LIMBO by Daniel Shambo
Particular point out
- All Good by Diego Porral and Joaquín Garralda.
The trio of profitable works obtained 8,000€ in growth support, three months of mentoring, a journey grant and accreditation for representing work, and the possibility for presentation on the competition together with a particular point out from the jury.
As well as, two initiatives from earlier editions of the Subsequent Lab Technology workshop obtained awards within the MIFA Pitches part.
The Ciclic – Shortway Award:
Caregivers – directed by Daniela Cuenca (Subsequent Lab Technology 2023 finalist), offered within the MIFA Pitches Brief Movies part:
- Within the movie, the viewer sees the lives of a number of Latin American immigrant girls who share their experiences as caregivers to the aged in Spain. The story delves into the bonds between the ladies and the help community that develops over time.
Stereopsia Booster Award:
Lumen by Enric Sant (Subsequent Lab Technology 2022 winner), offered within the MIFA Pitches Digital Experiences part:
- The digital VR expertise introduces viewers to a small luminous animus referred to as Lumen. The character wakes up in a darkish rocky cave filled with historical symbols and magical parts. At some point, the cave collapses, and Lumen struggles to get out, unaware of the adversities he’ll encounter.
Subsequent Lab Technology alumni chosen to take part on this yr’s Annecy Pageant included Fabiola Rosso’s Nerea within the “Tales x Ladies” program (sponsored by the Walt Disney Firm and Sony Footage Leisure). As well as, earlier recipient Titan Tofu appeared in Annecy’s new “TV Collection & Specials Mifa Pitches” program. The transmedia collection by María Luquero (a range on the Subsequent Lab Technology in 2021) has now been named a range within the second version of CIMA IMPULSA.
The Annecy Pageant was a gathering place for contributors from completely different workshop editions. As well as, throughout a MIFA presentation, Subsequent Lab Technology director Jose Luis Farias shared info from the final version and seemed forward at future workshops. He outlined the challenges and alternatives of incorporating new technological instruments in animation and online game manufacturing.
Subsequent Lab Technology 2023 is sponsored by the Neighborhood of Madrid via the Council for Tradition, Tourism, and Sport with monetary help from the Institute for Cinematography and Audiovisual Arts (ICAA) as a part of the Restoration, Transformation, and Resilience Plan superior by the European Union, extra sponsorship by the Ministry of Tradition, DeAPlaneta Leisure, and the Municipal Authorities of Madrid, and collaboration from Enisa, Annecy Pageant, and Bizarre Market.
Supply: Ibermedia Programme