Animation and vfx powerhouse Sony Photos Imageworks is increasing its bodily presence in Montreal with a brand new workplace.
In animation, Imageworks just lately labored on Chris William’s The Sea Beast and is at the moment engaged on the Spider-Verse sequels and Okay-Pop: Demon Hunters, amongst different tasks. The corporate’s vfx work contains Marvel blockbusters Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania, and the upcoming The Marvels.
Particulars in regards to the new studio:
- Positioned within the historic Previous Port neighborhood of Montreal, the workplaces will create 150 positions, including to the corporate’s rank of greater than 1,000 present staff between its Vancouver and L.A. workplaces. Among the many present Montreal job listings on Imageworks’ website are positions for animator, compositor, and lighter, all of which have beginning salaries of Usd$22.50/hour.
- Sony’s new Montreal workplaces can be headed by Laura Fitzpatrick, who joined the corporate final 12 months as vp of recent enterprise. Earlier than that, she served as international managing director at vfx outfit Mr. X, the place she oversaw strategic progress planning, monetary oversight, and administration of groups throughout a number of amenities.
- With the enlargement, senior vfx producer Doug Oddy is being promoted to vp of vfx, new enterprise. He’ll oversee third-party vfx enterprise growth, strategic planning for long-term progress, and shopper engagement. Eddy’s current work contains vfx producer on an episode of Love, Loss of life + Robots, Jumanji: The Subsequent Stage, and Males in Black: Worldwide.
- Fitzpatrick and Oddy will report back to Sony Photos Imageworks govt vp Michelle Grady.
- In accordance with Grady, “The rising vfx and animation business coupled with the established expertise base makes Montreal the proper location for enlargement and can enable Imageworks to proceed to execute the various artistic visions of our purchasers.”
Information of the Montreal studio was first reported by Deadline.
Pictured at high: Spider-Man: Throughout the Spider-Verse